Saturday, May 21, 2011

hemmed in


 as I write the count down is as follows:

 57 hours until I board a plane with some of the best people on the planet.
104 hours until we arrive in Thailand.  
I cannot believe it. nope.
This time next week I will be in Thailand. I’m so excited. AHH so excited.
As thrilled, as I am to make new friends and experience God in new ways I have been having a hard time answering the reoccurring “are you ready?” question.


Ready- adjective
1. completely prepared or in fit condition for immediate action or use// I think of Moses and his question when God calls him to go to Pharaoh “Who am I that I should go?” God responds: “I will be with you.” Sometimes I wonder if Moses didn’t hear what the bush said because he continues with excuses. Clearly he is incredibly worried and is not feeling the slightest bit prepared or in any sort of condition for what the Lord has asked. I pray that as believers however unprepared we “feel” for what God is calling us to do, Thailand, Malaysia, Africa, India, Destin FL, work, summer or school, that we would hear what God is saying “Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.” I pray our hope would be joyful and we would truly rest in the Lord being with us always.
2. duly equipped, completed, adjusted, or arranged, as for an occasion or purpose//read it again. I didn’t do any of those things all the credit goes to the Lord. but wow. equipped- because of Christ.  completed- in Christ. adjusted/arranged- by Christ. purpose- for Christ. The power of God  that raised Jesus from dead to alive…runs through my veins. I pray this summer the Lord brings me to a deeper understanding of that truth. His incredible and awesome power equips us to make Him known. Acts 1:8 “but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you."

3. willing// Isaiah 6:8 And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me." Luke 1:38 Mary responded, "I am the Lord's servant. May everything you have said about me come true." And then the angel left her. Luke 22:42 “… not my will, but yours be done.”  Incredible examples of willingness to do whatever the Lord asks. Please Jesus mold my heart to be the same.

so…am I ready?
I suppose I answered that question when I surrendered to the Lordship of Christ. My life is not my own. I’m incredibly grateful and blessed beyond measure to be a part of the mystery of God. Purchased with the blood of Christ.

Summer 2011. we will never get another one like this, our lives will never be like they are now. Let us open our eyes and hearts to see the glory of our King!
I love you and so thankful to know you. Thank you for the prayers and encouragement.  Enjoy the summer and the greatness of our God.

-until Thailand-
Kathryn 


Clap your hands, all you nations!
Shout to God with cries of joy.
How awesome is the Lord most high,

3 comments:

  1. Kathryn- I'm so excited to hear about your journey and how the Father uses you in Thailand. I'll be praying for you that you would be strengthened by the HS in the times when the cultural gap seems impossible, when the warfare is long and hard and when you just miss home. Keep us updated. If you have an email newsletter, let me know please! Praying for you as you open your hands and heart in preparation for this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so encouraged by your heart for Christ and your amazing ability to communicate that through the written word. I love you friend, and I love reading your blog. Have a safe flight to Thailand. When you get settled in, we should skype!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to be there when you read this! I'm so excited to see how the Lord works in and through your life. Keep surrendering to Him. I'll try to check up on your blog, but you know how the sandman's internet can be. Love you friend, and while you're there you should recruit some to UNA. :)

    ReplyDelete