Thursday, April 21, 2011

twisting darkness


a storm rolls in
under the
breathing thoughts
of
my mind

i wish i never
gave them life,
life enough
to seek
the heart
in my chest
the one that
rains blood
the one that
is cracked and dark

but to it
these thoughts
have journeyed

like the serpent in that tree
they have
introduced
a friend
called doubt
offering promises
to fill holes
that didn’t exist
until they told me

all while
creating
a desire for
what
i haven’t been given
a desire 
now embedded so deep
into my stony heart
im not surprised
she ate the fruit.

i now know
i nurtured
my own torment
feeding the thoughts
clinging to the
hope
i was sure they
would bring
forgetting to remember
He who poured out his life
unto death.

the crooked winged
angel
stands
praying beside me
as the one
covered in pearls
flies behind her

they
make me wonder
if the storm is on
its way
to my heart
and
if lightning
was to strike
would it break open
this cage
locked from the inside.



No comments:

Post a Comment