Sunday, October 23, 2011

out of darkness

Today is my 21st October 23. 
Every single one has been different. I do not specifically remember each one. Which is probably good. But it does make me think about if I will live a 22nd one and what will be different, what will be the same? I do recall that around this time last year I was asked to pray about joining the cross cultural team for a summer of missions. How much has happened in a year. I went. I learned. I was changed. 
Change: to make or become different
While I was in Thailand my family changed. A man with a massive heart for people took his life. My uncle pete. I still can’t really wrap my brain around it. He wore himself out helping people. His booming laugh, and I mean it when I say booming, would echo through the house. Even in his super handy man manly self, he was afraid of our neighbors dog. Comical. He is greatly missed. 
My thoughts are a little scattered these days as I am learning loads about what I believe and how to live it out.   
I really wanted some extra crafty blog post. But if you would just check out this link it would be appreciated. 

every 40 seconds someone commits suicide 

in memory of uncle pete 

                    God is light. in Him there is no darkness at all.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Kathryn, I am so very sorry for your loss. It is unbelieveably hard to lose someone you love this way. Your life will never be the same. I am so sorry that you have had to experience this pain. I have about a million verses that helped me through a similar time. I would love to share them with you if you would like them. I love you friend. - Meagan

    ReplyDelete